Welcome to my Website!
I'm Davide Falessi and my main research interest is in devising and empirically assessing solutions to concrete software engineering problems.
I currently play the following roles:
- Associate Professor at the California Polytechnic State University. This is where I enjoy teaching and supporting the growing of young talents. Moreover, this role allows me to perform the research I want, on the topic I want, with the timeline I want.
- The 2017 IEEE Computer Society Integrity Chair.
- NSF panellist and NSERC external reviewer. This is where I enjoy rating the research projects that will have huge impacts on research or on industry.
- Associate Editor of Software Engineering Economics at, and the Multimedia Editor of, IEEE Software. This is where I enjoy managing the review process of research paper that aim at improving the state of the practice by reporting the latest trends and novelties in software engineering.
- Member at large of the IEEE Computer Society Publications Board. This is where I enjoy understanding and changing the way publications support students, researchers, academics, and practitioners. At IEEE CS I'm leading the initiative on Customized Access to Content. I am also a committee member of the publication revision initiative.
- I usually co-chair about 2 international events per year and I'm the program committee member of about 7 international events per year including ICSE-SEIP, ESEM, ICSA, PROFES, and EASE.
- I try to have a healthy lifestyle by training one or two times a week in the gym. This is where I enjoy playing basketball against my students.
If you want to contact me, please drop my a line to me at dfalessi AT calpoly.edu Do NOT use "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "email@example.com"